Not everything about college has to be difficult, especially when it comes to finances...
Southwest Texas Junior College has recently introduced the EASY REFUND CARD AND ONE ACCOUNT - the convenient solution for:
- faster refund options
- 24/7 online banking
- free checking, and
- the power of a debit card
What you should know:
Using the Easy Refund Card
Use the Easy Refund Card to open a free checking account, the OneAccount, offered by Higher One. Then use it to make purchases wherever Debit Mastercard is accepted. With the OneAccount you get
- Free traditional checking that is FDIC insured
- An account with no monthly fees and no minimum balance requirements.
- The ability to make deposits easily with electronic funds transfers.
- Online banking available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- Detailed online statements that make it easy to track deposits, checks and purchases.
Benefits of the OneAccount / Easy Refund Card:
Using your OneAccount and Easy Refund Card is the easiest way to manage your finances on campus because:
- Your card is linked directly to your OneAccount
- You can use your card to make purchases instead of writing a check
- The card is safer and easier than carrying cash
- You may use your card to withdraw cash at any Higher One ATM on or off campus
- Sending and receiving balance and refund information from your mobile phone is easy with Mobile Alerts
Simply put, the Easy Refund Card provides you with choices when it comes to receiving your financial aid or school refunds, including the preferred "Easy Refund" method. With an Easy Refund, your refund money is deposited directly into the One Account for use as soon as the SWTJC Business Office releases the funds. Easy Refund is by far the fastest and easiest way to gain access to your money.
Using your Easy Refund Card for free is easy. Simply choose "credit" instead of "debit" the next time you are at the checkout counter, swipe your card and sign the receipt. Signing the receipt means you won't be charged a PIN-based transaction fee for using the Easy Refund Card and that your purchase is covered by MasterCard's Zero Liability Policy (PIN-based transactions are not).
Higher One has set up partnerships with local and online stores to participate in our OneRewards program. When you use your Easy Refund Card to make purchases at any of these participating merchants, you'll receive OneRewards points which may be redeemed for gifts at our online redemption center. It's a great way to get more out of using your Easy Refund Card.
What to look for in the mail:
As soon as you have completed registration, SWTJC will begin the process of creating your Easy Refund Card. The card will be sent to the mailing address that is registered in the system at SWTJC. Once you receive your card, activate your refund preferences to include your Higher One Card as soon as possible to avoid any delays in receiving your refund money.
Have questions about using the Easy Refund Card or One Account? Get answered to the most frequently asked questions online 24-7 with EasyHelp.