Admission Requirements and Process
Students are admitted to this program through regular college admission procedures (see Admission Regulations section) and by satisfying the following additional requirements:
- Submit to the Radiologic Technology Office:
- A Radiologic Technology application by the posted deadline
- Copies of any professional licenses, certifications, or registrations
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended other than SWTJC
- Health care related experience form
- Tasks and requirements for clinical education form
- Clinic travel acknowledgement form
- Three statement of recommendation forms
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Take the TSI Assessment exam and pass all areas.
- If TSI Assessment exempt due to an alternate test, you must provide documentation of acceptable scores.
This applies to ACT, SAT, TASP, ASSET, COMPASS, THEA or TAKS (exit level).
Acceptance is based on a point system. An application with incomplete records will not be considered for admission. The admission process is competitive and completion of minimum requirements is not a guarantee of admission. Students will be notified of acceptance in writing. A list of alternates will be established. Upon acceptance in the Radiologic Technology program, the following must be submitted to the Radiologic Technology office:
- Evidence of good physical and mental health as reflected by a recent physical exam (within the past 6 months). The exam must include the following documentation:
- Proof of negative TB skin test or chest x-ray results
- Up-to-date immunization record to include the following (all are required): Mumps, rubella, rubeola, varicella, and tetanus. Proof of immunization must be official laboratory reports or a detailed, notarized statement from a physician.
- The first of three injections of the Hepatitis B vaccination series. Series must be completed within the first year of the program.
- Proof of annual flu shot as required by clinic rotation facilities
- Proof of CPR for Health Care Providers (adult, infant, and child) prior to the first day of class.
- Submit to urine drug screening and criminal background check as directed by a program official.