Colleges are required to disburse (or pay out) federal student aid funds, including Direct Subsidized Loans, Direct Unsubsidized Loans, and Federal Pell Grants, at the start of each academic term. Federal Work-Study funds are disbursed as the money is earned.


Grants will be authorized after a student officially registers for classes but no earlier than ten days before the first class day. Tuition and fee charges will be automatically deducted from the award.

Dorms, Books, and Other Charges

Grant award(s) will be used to pay enrollment charges. Any remaining balance may be used to get books at the college bookstore, pay for dorm, transportation or other charges.

Southwest Texas Junior College partnered with BankMobile Disbursements to deliver your refunds.  

Contact the Financial Aid Office at (830) 591-7368 for detailed information on loan disbursements.